Even if you have no interest in coding, there is plenty of work to do. Yay, work! We need people with all sorts of non-coding skills to make our projects successful. Below are some examples of roles that you could fill.
If you find one you like, send an email to email@example.com and share your interests.
Social Media & Engagement Advocate
- Tweet about OpenSMC and Civic Hacking through our twitter handle
- Post to Meetup.com and greet new members
- Manage the OpenSMC blog, press releases, and general announcements
Partnerships & Community Organizer
- Coordinate outreach to local city and county governments, in addition to community organizations
- Communicate project progress to stakeholder groups and solicit feedback
- Engage community groups in project design and project utilization
- Write enticing, elegant text for our applications and webpages
- Design beautiful frameworks, icons, and interfaces for our applications and websites